Private Real Estate Funds
Our attorneys have years of experience assisting real estate developers and other real estate investors as they execute differentiated real estate investment strategies in private real estate funds, special purpose investment vehicles, joint-venture structures, and single asset syndications. We strive to make the process to raise a real estate fund simple with an end-to-end startup solution that is attractive to first time fund sponsors and experienced fund sponsors, alike.
Our team has serviced real estate developers executing a wide variety of strategies, including: ground-up development, single and multi-family, residential and commercial, hospitality and retail, mixed-use, buy-and-hold, fix-and-flip, value-add, and tax-incentivized structures.
Commitment Structures for Capital When You Need It
For our clients that raise private real estate funds, they can enjoy the benefit of having acquisition and development capital on demand by raising capital in a commitment structure (with capital calls based on an agreed notice period).
This can provide a competitive advantage in bidding on properties and executing investment transactions.
Ready to Stop Passing the Hat?
For an overview of the process, costs, structural, and regulatory issues involved in forming a private real estate fund or a special purpose real estate investment vehicle, contact us to schedule a complimentary consultation.Let's Connect
Fund Formation and Ongoing Support Services
Real estate fund sponsors engage our team to structure their private real estate fund offerings because of the depth of expertise our team brings to each real estate investment project. Our goal is to make the structuring and setup process smooth so that you can focus on your operational and investment objectives.
We provide the following services in connection with the formation and operation of real estate investment funds:
Fund Formation Services
- In-depth advisory services in connection with structuring real estate funds
- Practical guidance on permissible and prohibited marketing practices
- Timely preparation of summary term sheets and forms to gather indications of interest
- Entity formation services related to management companies and fund vehicles
- Skilled drafting of definitive offering and governance materials in-line with current industry norms and investor expectations
- Assistance with selection of service providers and vendors that fit client needs
- Advice related to accepting investments from tax-exempt persons, non-U.S. persons, and retirement plans
Ongoing Services & Support
- Thoughtful guidance on investor communication and investor relations matters
- Development of tailored policies and procedures to address operational risks and implement institutional-quality controls
- Structuring of special purpose vehicles and subsidiary holding companies for selected investments or joint-ventures
- Timely review of marketing materials and promotional material
- Targeted advice on best practices in the operation of private real estate investment vehicles
- Streamlined services to stay compliant with federal securities laws and state “blue sky” laws