Robert R. Joseph
Phone: (678) 592-4849
Email: [email protected]
Rob Joseph is a Partner in ILG’s Corporate Practice Group with extensive experience in venture capital, mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance and general business contracting and licensing for technology-related companies. In this capacity, he works with a team of attorneys that represent start-up and development stage companies, established businesses and venture capital and private equity investors. He has represented buyers, sellers, investors and issuers in numerous transactions ranging from small and mid-sized companies to well over $100,000,000.
Rob routinely advises corporate clients with a range of matters that span the life of a company from formation and raising seed money through growth financings and exit events. He also represents companies and investors as outside general counsel, handling all legal issues including employment, licensing, reseller agreements, vendor and customer contracts, intellectual property and dispute resolution. Rob’s clients trust him to give honest, practical and multi-level advice, and to be an all-around trusted counselor.
Previously, Rob worked at Hill, Kertscher and Wharton, LLP from 2005 – 2017; Morris, Manning and Martin, LLP from 2000 – 2005; and Hunton and Williams, LLP from 1998 – 2000. He began his career as a law clerk to Judge Wilber D. Owens, Jr. of the United States District Court for the Middle District of Georgia from 1996 – 1998.
- Experienced Outside General Counsel
- Represents both Buyers and Sellers in Mergers and Acquisitions
- Works with Investors and Founders/ Issuers in Venture Capital and Angel Financings
- Prepares all types of contracts, including Technology Transactions, Licensing, Reseller, and Employment and Equity Compensation Agreements
- Emory University School of Law, Juris Doctor, with distinction (1996); Emory Law Journal, Articles Editor
- Rhodes College, Bachelor of Arts (1992)
- Member, Past Chairman, State Personnel Board, State of Georgia, 2004 to present
- Member, Board of Directors, Easter Seals of North Georgia, 2015 to 2020
- Georgia Trend Legal Elite, various years