Gilbert H. Davis
Phone: (770) 481-7205
Email: [email protected]
Mr. Davis began his legal career in the Atlanta office of Alston & Bird LLP in 1984 and organized the firm’s first hedge fund client in 1985. He continues to represent the organizer of that fund today, as well as the managers of private funds ranging in size from several hundred thousand dollars to several billion. Mr. Davis is a member of the Georgia, New York and District of Columbia Bars, the American Bar Association Securities and Tax Sections and LLCs, Partnerships and Unincorporated Entities and Private Fund Committees, New York State Bar Association Securities Regulation Committee and the Private Investment Funds Subcommittee, State Bar of Georgia Securities Legislation Subcommittee, and International Bar Association Financial Services Section and Investment Funds Committee.
Mr. Davis received his undergraduate degree double majoring in History and Economics from Yale University (B.A., 1981) and law degree from the New York University School of Law (J.D., 1984).
- Counselor to emerging and established funds
- Experience with complex structures and transactions
- Skilled at investor negotiations and side letters
- New York School of Law, Juris Doctor (1984)
- Yale University, Bachelor of Arts (1981)
- President, South Eastern Alternative Funds Association
- Avid tennis player