Brent S. Gillett
Phone: (404) 607-6940
Email: [email protected]
Mr. Gillett provides legal representation to investment managers to hedge funds, funds-of-funds, venture capital and private equity funds, real estate funds, and funds trading other liquid and illiquid assets. He has extensive experience in all aspects of the fund formation process, investment advisor registration and compliance, and the process to negotiate with investors and raise capital.
Mr. Gillett previously practiced law at Kilpatrick Stockton, LLP in the firm’s investment management practice group. Prior to working as an attorney, Mr. Gillett worked as an equity analyst for Marquis Capital Management. He received his Juris Doctor from Vanderbilt School of Law in 1995 and his Bachelor of Arts from Duke University in 1991. Mr Gillett was admitted to the State Bar of Georgia in 1995.
- Founding member of ILG
- Advisor to investment managers and allocators
- Emerging manager specialist
- Vanderbilt University, Juris Doctor (1995)
- Duke University, Bachelor of Arts (1991)
- Team lead for allocator outreach initiative
- Health-tech startup founder (exited 2018)
- Passionate snowboarder and kite surfer