William M. Winter
Phone: (404) 607-6943
Email: [email protected]
Bill Winter is a corporate lawyer. Mr. Winter advises tech and tech-enabled companies on how to increase revenue, buy and sell companies, and operate efficiently.
Mr. Winter guides business leaders through technology transactions, mergers and acquisitions, finance, and tax matters. Mr. Winter offers an extremely practical perspective gained while serving as in-house General Counsel and an executive leader for a global software company (4 years) and a healthcare technology company (5 years). Whether negotiating software license agreements, distribution agreements, or purchase agreements, Mr. Winter is known for effectively balancing business needs with legal considerations to create practical solutions that increase a company’s value.
Examples of Mr. Winter’s work include automating “Master Service Agreements” to enable quick turnaround, creating successful SaaS and PaaS sales programs, negotiating key software license and distribution agreements, securing equity financing, structuring global operations, and successfully leading domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions. Mr. Winter also advises on key tax, privacy and data protection, and insurance matters necessary for successfully operating a business.
Mr. Winter has been involved in the Atlanta tech community since 1999 and has been a featured speaker on topics including video gaming in Atlanta, fund structures for tech, insurance, and global investments, and privacy and data security considerations for healthcare technology.
- Skilled in handling technology transactions
- Experience with domestic and cross-border M&A
- Advisor on structural considerations in forming businesses (including equity compensation plans)
- Significant experience with software and tech-enabled industries, insurance, professional services, and creative industries
- Emory University School of Law, Juris Doctor (1997)
- University of Illinois, B.S. (Finance) (1991)
- Advisor, Kennesaw State University Entrepreneur Program (Fall 2020)
- Echo Ridge Recreation Club, Board of Directors (Communications Chair) (2016 – 2018)
- Married 20+ years with 3 children
- After family, the three things I cannot live without are: daily exercise, an acoustic guitar, and my Big Green Egg smoker