Privacy and Cookies Notice
Last Update 22 November 2020
- Your contact information (name, e-mail address, postal address, or phone number); or
- Your IP address or geolocation; or
- Your username and identification (if you register for any services); or
- any similar information.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
When visiting our Site, we collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to our Site. For example, we may collect personal information when you:
- Ask to connect with an ILG personnel, submit a question, or request an initial consultation with an ILG attorney;
- Subscribe to any services offered through our Site, such as perspectives, advisories, newsletters, or announcements;
- Submit a comment to a discussion forum or otherwise communicate with us through our Site;
- Register for an event;
- Apply for a job with ILG; or
- Report a problem to us about the Site.
The personal information you may be asked to provide includes your first and last name, email address, telephone number, mailing address, communication preferences, username, password, and other information you submit through the Sites.
HOW WE PROTECT THE SECURITY AND QUALITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We have implemented reasonable physical, technical, and administrative procedures to maintain accurate, current, and complete information as well as to protect your personal information against unauthorized disclosure, use, modification, or destruction when it is under our control. Your personal information will be encrypted and stored on our secure servers. Your personal information is also password protected so that access is limited to yourself, the Company, and authorized third party partners who are providing services directly for the Company (and who are under written obligations to maintain the confidentiality of your information).
Although we take reasonable measures to maintain the security and privacy of your personal information, any use of the Internet includes some degree of information security risk and we are not able to guarantee the complete security of our Site.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use the personal information and System Information collected from you in the following ways:
- Provide You Services. Our primary use of your personal information is to provide you with services that you request and contact you regarding those services.
- Administrative and Billing Use. We use your e-mail address and phone number to contact you regarding initial consultations that you request. We also may use your e-mail, phone number, and mailing address to provide you with administrative notices and communications relevant to the services you request. Finally, we may use the personal information provided by you to establishing billing information for your account and provide you with associated support.
- Marketing. We may use your personal information and System Information to enhance our Site, focus our marketing and promotional efforts, and improve our content and services. We also may use your information to deliver advertisements, legal updates, perspectives, and other information targeted to your interests. You may control receipt of such information by changing your options on your account page (and opting out of advertisements and similar notices).
- Operate our Business. We may use personal information and System Information we collect to operate our business and maintain our Site. We also use such information to troubleshoot problems, resolve disputes, and enforce any written agreements with you. Finally, in some circumstances we may need to use your personal information for security purposes or to comply with applicable law.
DO WE SELL OR RENT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We do not sell or rent your personal information to any third party. If and when we intend to share your personal information with a third party (other than to a business partner as provided herein), you will be notified at the time of data collection or transfer, and you will have the option of not permitting the transfer.
HOW YOU MAY “OPT-OUT” OF RECEIVING COMMUNICATIONS FROM US
If you change your mind and decide that you no longer want us to contact you regarding requested consultations, promotional e-mails, or other mailings, you may opt-out at any time by simply updating your user account to unsubscribe from our mailing lists, or by sending an e-mail request to [email protected] Similarly, if you are not receiving our promotional e-mails or other mailings and wish to receive these materials, you may opt-in at any time by updating your user account or by sending an e-mail request to [email protected]
PRIVACY POLICIES OF OUR PARTNERS
THE PARTIES WITH WHOM WE SHARE INFORMATION
We generally will not disclose any of your personal information or System Information except when we have your permission to do so or under some special circumstances described below.
- We may share your personal information with our business partners and affiliates with whom we work to provide our products and services. Such business partners may include our authorized payment processing company; credit and fraud reporting agencies; tax collection services; information technology providers, and related services (all of whom shall be obligated in writing to maintain the confidentiality of information). In addition, we may share your personal information with our advisors, such as lawyers and accountants, who are obligated to keep your personal information confidential.
- As noted previously, we may from time to time partner with other companies to offer co-branded services and promotions. Any information that you provide in connection with the co-branded services or promotions will become the joint property of Company and its business partners. We may also disclose other personal information about you to our business partners, but only if we have obtained your permission to make the disclosure before data collection or before transferring the data.
- We may, from time to time, offer you the opportunity to receive materials or special offers from third parties. If you want to receive this information, we may (but only with your permission) share your name and e-mail address with them.
- We may disclose your personal information without your prior permission to comply with applicable law or legal process (such as court or government subpoenas) or to federal or state law enforcement agencies in the detection or prevention of reasonably suspected crime. We also may disclose your personal information without your permission in special, limited cases, such as to protect the security of other users of our Site. For example, we may disclose your information if we have reason to believe such disclosure is necessary to identify or otherwise protect against someone who may be disrupting or seeking unauthorized access to our Site, or if someone is causing or attempting to cause intentional or unintentional injury or interference to the rights or property of Company or any third party, including other customers.
HOW TO UPDATE, CORRECT OR DELETE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may edit or delete your personal information by updating your account information or by sending an e-mail request to [email protected]
A cookie is a piece of information contained in a small file that is stored in your Internet browser or elsewhere on your hard drive. Cookies allow a website to identify a user’s device whenever that user returns to the website. They are commonly used in order to make websites work more efficiently and enrich the user experience, as well as to provide information to the owners of a website.
Types of Cookies
Below is a list of the main cookies used by our Site. Where appropriate, cookies are only used after you consent to such use. Please note that we may from time to time modify or update our cookies.
- Session Cookies: These cookies are used to maintain your transaction. Generally, your session cookies expire when your browser is closed. The use of the session cookies reduces the need for Company to transfer your information over the Internet.
- Functionality Cookies: These cookies are used to recognize repeat visitors to the Site and allow our Site to remember the choices you make (such as username, or language, or the region you are in). They are often used to record specific browsing information (including the way you arrive on the site, the pages you view, options you select, information you enter and the path you take through the site) against an individual customer profile.
- Authentication Management Cookies: These cookies help us authenticate your identity.
- Analytics Cookie: These cookies are used to estimate our audience, identify usage patterns, and speed up searches.
- Google Analytics Cookies: These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our Site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the Site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the Site, how visitors reached our Site, and the pages they visited while on the Site. Google stores the information collected by the cookie on servers in the United States. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. By using our Site, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above Click here for an overview of Google’s privacy practices.
- Third-Party Tracking or Remarketing Cookies: We have relationships with other carefully selected partners to assist in the delivery of a quality Site. We may use tracking cookies and remarketing cookies provided by our partners to track your movement between our Site and other websites and to better target content, marketing, and advertisements that may be of interest to you. We do not have access or control over the cookies and similar technologies that our partners may use.
How to Control Cookies
You may control acceptance of cookies by modifying your Internet browser preferences. You may accept all cookies, be notified when a cookie is set, or reject all cookies. Please note that if you choose to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access portions of our Site and may be unable to use those services or engage in activities that require the placement of cookies. For more detailed information on how to control cookies you may wish to visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
WHAT ELSE SHOULD YOU KNOW ABOUT YOUR ONLINE PRIVACY?
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Statement or the practices of our Site, please feel free to e-mail us at [email protected] You also may contact by mail at:
Investment Law Group
Attention: Privacy Officer
545 Dutch Valley Road NE, Suite A
Atlanta, Georgia 30324